Randie Gottlieb, COO
Heather Hudson, Business Manager
Randie Gottlieb, Ed.D.
UnityWorks founder, educator,
diversity trainer, author, poet
Steven Gottlieb, M.D., MSPH
Pediatrician, former Medical Officer -
National Health Service, photographer
Beth Shevin, MIB
Real estate business manager, marathon runner, community volunteer
Jonathan Gottlieb, M.D.
Emergency room physician, musician, singer/songwriter
High school Assistant Principal,
Retired office manager for national nonprofit, community volunteer.
Middle school Principal, active Rotarian
The photo below shows members of the
first EMPIRE Leadership Team in 1994.
These pioneering educators helped to create
the EMPIRE Program, which serves as the inspiration for the UnityWorks Program today.
Front row, L>R: Marsha Ann Pastrana, Bertha Ortega, Randie Gottlieb. Back row: assistant,
Patsy Whitefoot, Pat Whitfield, Anita Swan.
* Peter Choi: local business owner, Bubbles & Company
* Latasha Larez: teacher, Harrah Elementary School, poet
* Rosemary Leiva: high school Spanish teacher, retired
* Dr. Cheryl Young: retired science professor, space geologist
* Maria Cuevas: Chicano/a Studies instructor, Yakima Valley College
* Ester Huey: Retired bank executive, community volunteer
* Joddi-Jay Babcock: Director of Life Choices, Zonta Club President
* David Morales: attorney, Northwest Justice Project
The UnityWorks Foundation was established in 2013 by members of the Gottlieb-Shevin family who saw a critical need for training and educational resources designed to promote understanding of the oneness of humanity, the value of diversity and the need for unity. We are pleased to be joined by additional board members who value these same goals. Together, we are committed
to building an inclusive organization that will serve as a model of unity in diversity.