Participants enjoy an ice cream break.
Special thanks to Heather Hudson for coordinating registration and food, and to Peter Choi of Crazy Cow Ice Cream for providing our sweet afternoon treat!
Diversity & Inclusion Workshop, J.A. World Building, Yakima, WA, February 2020
Made possible by our funding partners: Group Health of Central WA, United Way, and the Rabbani Charitable Trust
The program included:
* Community-building exercises
* Common stereotypes in society today
* Prejudice: causes, consequences and cures
* Unconscious bias and institutional barriers
* Creating a culture of inclusion
* Successful programs and activities
A group of dedicated community leaders and educators from Yakima, Wapato, and West Valley school districts attended the daylong workshop.
I left the room feeling so inspired!!
―Minerva Pardo, Family Engagement Coordinator, West Valley School District