Special thanks to Heather Hudson for coordinating registration and food, and to Peter Choi of Crazy Cow Ice Cream for providing our sweet afternoon treat!
A group of dedicated community leaders and educators from Yakima, Wapato, and West Valley school districts attended the daylong workshop.
The program included:
* Community-building exercises
* Common stereotypes in society today
* Prejudice: causes, consequences and cures
* Unconscious bias and institutional barriers
* Creating a culture of inclusion
* Successful programs and activities
Participants enjoy an ice cream break.
I left the room feeling so inspired!!
―Minerva Pardo, Family Engagement Coordinator, West Valley School District
Diversity & Inclusion Workshop, J.A. World Building, Yakima, WA, February 2020
Made possible by our funding partners: Group Health of Central WA, United Way, and the Rabbani Charitable Trust