Community Engagement Manager
United Way of Central Washington
“Thank you so much for an awesome presentation on Friday. It was exactly what we were looking for and just amazing!”
UnityWorks was pleased to prepare this presentation on Racism and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) for "Risk to Resiliency" - a community-based organization. Topics included:
• What is race and how many races are there?
• How do we learn racial prejudice?
• Racism in our classrooms and communities
• Microaggressions and color blindness
• The school-to-prison pipeline
• Causes and consequences of racial trauma
• Ways to promote resilience and healing
Race, Implicit Bias and Childhood Trauma: August 2021